2.1.Course objectives To acquire high-level knowledge from the field of artistic gymnastics that will enable efficient and high quality task solving imposed by the realization of the gymnastics trainings.
Theoretical and theoretical-practical introduction of students with the morphological, motor, functional, psychosocial, and health aspects of artistic gymnastic training.
Also, the goal of the Anthropological analysis course is the acquisition of the necessary theoretical knowledge and practical skills of recognition, differentiation and analysis of the anthropological characteristics of different age and quality level artistic gymnasts.
2.2.Course enrolment requirements and entry competences required for the course Completed Artistic gymnastics course.
2.3.Learning outcomes at the level of the programme to which the course contributes
Students will be qualified for:
- conducting the artistic gymnastics training programme with gymnasts of different age groups and different categories;
- conducting scientific studies related to artistic gymnastics;
- implementing the gymnastic programmes in kindergartens and school sports organizations;
- applying the artistic gymnastics contents in the training process of other sports;
- applying the artistic gymnastics contents in different exercise programmes for elderly;
- diagnostics of the athletes status in regards to different age groups and different categories;
- planning and programming the training process for gymnasts of different age groups and different categories;
- organizing the artistic gymnastics competitions.
2.4.Learning outcomes expected at the level of the course (4 to 10 learning outcomes)
- Within the elective module of Artistic gymnastics students will attain practical and theoretical skills and knowledge about the basic kinesiological and anthropological characteristics, methodological procedures for development and maintenance of specific fitness abilities and learning technical-tactical skills from artistic gymnastics which will enable them to successfully work with the selected gymnasts groups.
- Students will master basics of planning and programming of different age and quality level female gymnasts training and will learn the basic methods for controlling the achieved training effects and competition accomplishments.
- Elective module of Artistic gymnastics will enable students to acquire scientific basics for conducting researches in the field of artistic gymnastics which will enlighten the process of programming, following and evaluating of the gymnasts fitness state.
- The course from Elective module Artistic gymnastics will enable students to select and apply the artistic gymnastics contents, its methods and teaching procedures in the training process of male and female gymnasts of different age categories and different quality levels.
2.5.Course content broken down in detail by weekly class schedule (syllabus)
Lectures and seminars
1.Anthropological characteristics of top-level male and female gymnasts. The influence of different anthropological characteristics on the successfulness in artistic gymnastics. (2L+2S)
2.Transformation of anthropological characteristics under the influence of artistic gymnastics training. (2L+2S)
3.Model characteristics of male and female artistic gymnasts. Determination of anthropometric characteristics. (2L+2S)
4.Model characteristics of male and female artistic gymnasts. Determination of functional, motor, cognitive abilities and personality traits. (2L+2S)
5.The selection in artistic gymnastics. The selection possibilities in Croatia. (2L+2S)
6.The characteristics of coaching. Anthropologic profile (knowledge, abilities, characteristics) of successful coaches. The role of the professional staff team in the process of training and competition. (2L+2S)
7.Injuries in artistic gymnastics. Prevention, medical treatment and rehabilitation of typical injuries. (2L+2S)
8.The life regime, diet, doping control. (1L+1S)
- Hraski Ž., Krističević, T., Basić, R. (2003). Osnove treninga snage u sportskoj gimnastici. u: Milanović D., Jukić I. (ur.) Zbornik radova, Međunarodni znanstveno-tručni skup kondicijska priprema sportaša 12. zagrebački sajam sporta i nautike. Zagreb, 21. - 22. veljače, 529-532.
- Hraski, Ž., Mejovšek, M. (2004). Production of angular momentum for backward somersault. IASTED International Conference on Biomechanics, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, 10-13.
- Čuk, I., Korenčić, T., Tomazo-Ravnik, T., Peček, M., Bučar, M., Hraski, Ž. (2007). Differencies in Morphologic Characteristics Between Top Level Gymnasts of Year 1933 and 2000. Collegium Antropologicum, 31(2007) 2: 613-619.
- Omrčen, D., Živčić Marković, K. (2009). The discourse of the epistemic community of artistic gymnastics: The analysis of articles titles. Science of gymnastics journal. 1(1), 41-53.