2.1.Course objectives Qualify students for strategic considerations about current issues and sports development perspectives. Furthermore, students should attain knowledge on strategic plan and programme design on local, regional and global level.
2.2.Course enrolment requirements and entry competences required for the course No enrolment requirements.
2.3.Learning outcomes at the level of the programme to which the course contributes
Familiarization of basic organizational units and functioning of sport on municipal, district and state level.
Acquired knowledge will qualify students for significantly contributing to school sport, club sport, sport for all and sport for disabled development. They will also be qualified for participation in expert teams for designing strategic documents at all levels of sport functioning.
2.4.Learning outcomes expected at the level of the course (4 to 10 learning outcomes)
Identify and analyze basic sports features in Croatian society.
Explain and critically evaluate elements of sport development strategy design.
Apply their knowledge on sports development programmes considering all necessary resources: athletes, sports preparation technology, coaches and expert teams, facilities and equipment, interstate cooperation and scientific research.
2.5.Course content broken down in detail by weekly class schedule (syllabus)
1.Sport in modern Croatian society: sports organization and legislation (1P)
2.Athletes: selection, categorization, financial compensation and stimulation for accomplishments (2P)
3.Coaches and other professionals in Croatian: training and education, employment, social-employment status, professional development. (2P)
4.Facilities and equipment for sport: planning, construction, maintenance and its utilization. (1P)
5.Interstate cooperation: international sports associations, international scientific associations, Croatian representatives participation in international sport (1P)
6.Education of athletes: athletes-only classes within elementary schools, high schools and in higher education. (1P)
7.Women in sports: representation of women in sports. Specificity of female athletes training. (1P)
8.Sports preparation technology: improvement of diagnostic procedures (2P)
9.Modern methods of programming transformational processes (2P)
10.Strategic orientation od sports and sports preparation development (2P)
1.Designing sports development programmes on local, regional and global level. (1S)
2.Local, regional and national development programme of school and higher education institutions sport (2S)
3.Local, regional and national development programme of sport for all (2S)
4.Local, regional and national development programme of top-level sport (2S)
5.Local, regional and national development programme of sport for disabled (2S)
6.Improvement of diagnostic procedures and the application of the testing results (2S)
7.Applying modern methods of planning, programming and control of the transformational processes in sport (2S)
8.New orientations in the transfer of knowledge development in sport. (2S)
- Milanović, D., Čustonja, Z., Bilić, D. (ur.) (2011) Temeljna načela i smjernice razvoja športa u Republici Hrvatskoj. Zagreb: Nacionalno vijeće za šport i Ministarstvo znanosti obrazovanja i športa Republike Hrvatske. (u tisku)
- Milanović, D. i sur. (2009) Strategija razvoja školskoga športa u Republici Hrvatskoj 2009. - 2014. Zagreb: Ministarstvo znanosti obrazovanja i športa Republike Hrvatske.
- Milanović, D. (ur.) (2001). Stanje i perspektive zagrebačkog sporta. Zagreb: Fakultet za fizičku kulturu Sveučilišta u Zagrebu i Zagrebački športski savez.
- Milanović, D. (2000). Strategija razvoja sporta u Hrvatskoj. Olimp, 4, 4-7.
- Milanović, D. (2000). Hrvatski sportski model za 21. stoljeće. Olimp, 5, 8-11.
- Milanović, D., Jukić, I., Šimek, S. (2007). Antropološka, metodološka i metodička istraživanja kao čimbenik stručnog rada u području sporta, Zbornik radova 16. ljetne škole kineziologa, 32-48.
- Milanović, D., Jukić, I., Šimek, S. (2003). Role of the sport profession and qualified personnel. Proceedings book of XVI European Sport Conference Making sport attractive for all, Dubrovnik, Croatia.175-183.
- Milanović, D., Šalaj, S., Gregov, C. (2011). Nove tehnologije u dijagnostici pripremljenosti sportaša. Zbornik radova 20. ljetne škole kineziologa (u tisku).