doc. dr. sc. Hrvoje Podnar
Title: Assistant professor
| Postdoctoral Fellow
Public phone number:
Internal phone number:
Department of General and Applied Kinesiology
Employed in this institution since:
integrated undergraduate and graduate
He was born in 1987 in Rijeka, Croatia. He graduated in 2010 at the University of Zagreb, Faculty of kinesiology in the top 10% of most successful students (grades average 4,78). In 2015 he finished the Doctoral study of kinesiology (grades average 5,00) and defended his doctoral thesis. During 2011/2012 school year he worked as the PE teacher and passed the state exam. Since 2013 he works at the Faculty of kinesiology as a professional associate, during 2014 as a university assistant and from 2015 as a research associate on Erasmus+ project. Since 2016 he is working as Postdoctoral Fellow at Modul Kinesiology in Education. He published over 15 research papers in scientific journals and over 30 research papers and abstracts in scientific conference proceedings. He is a research associate on four international research projects. He presented over 10 paper presentations and participated in over 15 scientific conferences.
Published papers recorded in the Croatian Scientific Bibliography Database (CROSBI)
Note: this list of papers is located in an maintained by the Ruđer Bošković Institute which
is in charge of the Croatian Scientific Bibliography Database (CROSBI
). This link will take you
to the appropriate CROSBI page of this person, containing a list of papers they have themselves entered in the database.
For further information and for instructions on changing the above data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
List of select publications
- Podnar, H., Novak, D. & Radman, I. (2018) Effects of a 5-minute classroom-based physical activity on on-task behaviour and physical activity levels. Kinesiology : international journal of fundamental and applied kinesiology, 50 (2), 6360, 9.
- Štefan, L., Radman, I., Podnar, H. & Vrgoč, G. (2018) Sleep Duration and Sleep Quality Associated with Dietary Index in Free-Living Very Old Adults. Nutrients, 10 (11), -, 8 doi:10.3390/nu10111748.
- Štefan, L., Mišigoj-Durakovic, M., Devrnja, A., Podnar, H., Petric, V., Soric, M. (2018). Tracking of Physical Activity, Sport Participation and Sedentary Behaviors over Four Years of High School. Sustainability, 10, 3104; doi:10.3390/su10093104
- Shrestha, N., Grgic, J., Wiesner, G., Parker, A., Podnar, H., Bennie, J. A., Biddle, S. J. H., Pedisic, Z. (2018). Effectiveness of interventions for reducing non-occupational sedentary behaviour in adults and older adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis. British Journal of Sports Medicine. doi:10.1136/bjsports-2017-098270
- Stefan, L., Soric, M., Devrnja, A., Podnar, H., Misigoj Durakovic, M. (2017). Is school type associated with objectively measured physical activity in 15-year-olds? International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2017,14,1417; doi:10.3390/ijerph14111417
- Grgic, J., Mikulic, P., Podnar, H., Pedisic, Z. (2017). Effects of linear and daily undulating periodized resistance training programs on measures of muscle hypertrophy: A systematic review and meta-analysis. PeerJ, 2017(8) doi:10.7717/peerj.3695
- Podnar, H., Kunjesic, M., Radman, I. (2017). Internal consistency and retest reliability of Croatian version of PAQ-C. Croatian Journal of Education, 19(1), 45-62
- Radman I, Ruzic L, Padovan V, Cigrovski V, Podnar H. (2016). Reliability and validity of the inline skating skill test. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, 15, 390-396
- Novak, D., Bernstein R, E., Podnar, H., Vozzolo, Y. (2016). Differences in the fitness levels of urban and rural middle school students in Croatia. The Physical Educator, 72(4), 553-576
- Lovecchio, N., Novak, D., Eid, L., Casolo, F., Podnar H. (2015). Urban and rural fitness level: comparison between Italian and Croatian students. Perceptual and motor skills, 120(2), 367-380
- Novak, D., Podnar, H., Emeljanovas, A., Marttinen, R. (2015). Comparison of fitness levels between croatian and lithuanian students. Montengrin Journal of Sports Science and Medicine 4(1), 5-12
- Cigrovski V, Radman I, Matković B, Gurmmet S, Podnar H. (2014). Effects of alpine ski course program on attitudes towards alpine skiing. International Journal of Fundamental and Applied Kinesiology. 46(S1), 46-51.
- Neljak, B., Novak, D., Podnar, H., Antala, B. (2012). Teaching didactic forms and levels of male students’ physical activity. Asian Journal of Exercise and Sports Science, 9(2), 49-56
- Petrić, V., Novak, D., Matković, B., Podnar, H. (2012). The differences in physical activity level of adolescent female student. Croatian Journal of Education, 14(2), 275-291.
- Novak, D., Podnar, H., Antala, B. (2010). Are rural children really in better shape? Case of Croatia. Fitness & Performance Journal, 9(2), 44-49.
PADI COURSE DIRECTOR - Professional Association of Diving Instructors
ISIA Ski Instructor - HZUTS
- Horizon2020 - SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY IN CHILDHOOD OBESITY POLICY (STOP), Grant agreement No 774548.
- HRZZ - HRVATSKA LONGITUDINALNA STUDIJA TJELESNE AKTIVNOSTI U ADOLESCENCIJI (CRO-PALS), Šifra projekta pri HRZZ: 9926
- Erasmus+ CREATING MECHANISMS FOR CONTINUOUS IMPLEMENTATION OF THE SPORTS CLUB FOR HEALTH GUIDELINES IN THE EUROPEAN UNION, Project Reference: 613434-EPP-1-2019-1-HR-SPO-SCP
Erasmus+ THE EUROPEAN NETWORK FOR THE SUPPORT OF DEVELOPMENT OF SYSTEMS FOR MONITORING PHYSICAL FITNESS OF CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS, Project Reference: 613010-EPP-1-2019-1-SI-SPO-SCP