LABORATORY HEAD: Full professor Hrvoje Sertić, Assoc. prof. Mario Baić
• in close connection with the Sports Diagnostic Center of the Faculty of Kinesiology
• if necessary, close cooperation is established among this laboratory and national teams, federations and clubs from various martial arts (wrestling, judo, boxing, kickboxing, karate, taekwondo)
• part of the equipment refers to testing basic abilities and knowledge, and part to testing specific abilities and knowledge from martial arts: wrestling mat and judo tatami, set for Olympic weightlifting (Olympic barbell for lifting weights, boards, platform for Olympic weightlifting) , kettlebells, bulgarian bags, training dummies of various weights, high jump meter, jump agility meter, digital scales, medical balls of different weights, barbells, climbing rope, climbing kimono, upholstered hull lifting board, thick mats for cushioning, tensiometric platform, boxing bags, sparring gloves, bag gloves, etc.
• The Martial Arts Laboratory is closely related to other segments of the Sports Diagnostic Center of the Faculty of Kinesiology, and in case of the need for diagnostics that includes measurements of oxygen intake or maximum oxygen intake, one of the analysis devices is used.
• Doctoral dissertation project of mr.sc. Ivica Bilitić entitled "Social environment and youth participation in wrestling"
• Doctoral dissertation project of Nikola Starčević, mag. cin. under the title: “The connection between the beginnings of technical and tactical elements and the placement of top wrestlers in the classic way at the Olympic Games”
The laboratory and all equipment are in the function of scientific research and doctoral dissertations, as well as numerous graduate theses of combat sports students. If necessary, close cooperation is established with national teams, federations and clubs from various combat sporst (wrestling, judo, boxing, kickboxing, karate, taekwondo,…) and financial programs of quality and top athletes of the Croatian Olympic Committee in the form of testing, presentations, workshops and seminars. Almost all scientific papers published in the field of applied science in combat sports in the last 5 years, performed their measurements in cooperation with the Faculty of Kinesiology, ie in the space and with the equipment of laboratories for combat sports. One of the most significant such projects is the project "Monitoring the anthropological status of children in wrestling" led by full prof. Hrvoje Sertić, which was also approved by the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports - Republic of Croatia.
It should be noted that through the Faculty of Kinesiology our laboratory is closely connected to the International Network of Wrestling Rechearchers, the International Commission of the World Wrestling Federation, the International Judo Reasrcher Association and the Commission for Education and Science of the European Judo Federation. Our Department of Combat Sports (polystructural acyclic sports) is a co-organizer of European and world scientific conferences and symposia and is also closely related to the practice of developing and implementing the plan and work program of Croatian national teams in combat sports.