LABORATORY HEAD: Assist. prof. Danijel Jurakic (DJ)
ASSOCIATES: Marija Rakovac (MR), Maroje Sorić (MS), Tatjana Trošt Bobić (TTB)
The laboratory has established close cooperation with a research group called "Active Living & Public Health Group" operating at the "Institute for Health and Sport (iHeS), Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia" led by Assoc. prof. Željko Pedišić.
The activities of the laboratory can be described in two strategic directions of action:
1. Epidemiology of physical activity. Within this strategic direction, the activities of the Laboratory are focused on epidemiological research that includes determining the level, distribution and determinants of physical activity at the population level as well as research on the relationship of physical activity with various aspects of health and health-related behaviors. New research will, among other things, focus on determining the impact of the daily distribution of time (24-hour composition) spent in physical activity, sedentary behavior and sleep on various aspects of population health.
2. Promotion of physical activity. The activities of the Laboratory within this strategic direction include the implementation and evaluation of interventions and campaigns to promote physical activity. Future research will focus on the evaluation of online interventions (social networks, e-mail, online tools, mobile applications…) in which different combinations of behavioral change techniques defined by BCT (V1) taxonomy will be applied.
24 x GENEActiv Original - accelerometer
6 x GENEActiv charging and retrieval station
1 x Lenovo Yoga Laptop
PROJECTS IN PROGRESS:
1. Creating Mechanisms for Continuous Implementation of the Sports Club for Health Guidelines in the European Union (SCforH) - implementation started on 1 January 2020 (funding approved under the Erasmus + Sport program - collaborative projects involving 17 international partner institutions) - DJ project manager, MR project associate
2. Five - playing to health - MR and DJ collaborators on the project, leader: Croatian Medical Association
3. Physical activity country cards - DJ project associate, project leader: "Lancet physical activity observatory" team of experts.
4. Intervention for the promotion of physical activity in primary health care: a randomized controlled trial - MR and DJ project leaders
1. European Collaborative Partnership on Sport and Health Enhancing Physical Activity - EPHEPA (funded under the Erasmus + Sport program - collaborative projects) - MR and DJ collaborators on the project
2. Promoting National Implementation for Sport Club for Health Programs in EU Member States (SCforH) (funded under Erasmus + Sport program - collaborative projects) - MR and DJ associates on the project
3. Multidisciplinary approach in the treatment of childhood and youth obesity - DJ project associate, project leader: Clinic for Pediatrics, KBC Rebro
4. Public health campaign "How to grow up healthy" - DJ associate on the project, project leader: Institute of Public Health of Karlovac County.
5. Together for better health of children and adults - DJ co-leader of the project - funded by the Međimurje Institute of Public Health and the Institute of Public Health Morska Sobota, Slovenia
6. Health-oriented physical activity in the general population in the Republic of Croatia - DJ project leader
7. Correlates of Physical Activity in Middle-Aged Employees - DJ project leader